Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Tea Time ~ 4/21/2022


 
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things about my life lately...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~I'm Back!  Just about a month ago, my desktop computer blew up on me.  It wouldn't even power on.  I took a bit of a blogging break to decide what to do.  I missed blogging but it was too hard to create a post on my phone or Kindle.  Finally, I decided to hijack my daughter's Chromebook to blog when she's not using it for her cyber schooling which means early morning or later in the night.  I've been back for a little less than a week so lots to catch-up on!

~I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and celebrated the death, burial and resurrection of our LORD.  Laken was technically on Spring Break Thursday though Tuesday but had to do a lot of catch-up work all but Sunday.  All her classes have to be completed by May 20th so we're getting down to the wire!  She did take breaks to do the important stuff like coloring eggs :)


~The kittens are growing like weeds!  They have one more vet appointment for their last booster shot and then I have to make the appointments for spaying and neutering.  Flynn and Clover "think" that Kona loves them and they take every opportunity to snuggle with her that they can.  Kona is very patient with them even though she sometimes just gets up and moves to another room!


~The chicks have their feathers and are ready to be outside.  This is all a learning process for us so any tips on raising chickens AND/OR ducks would be greatly appreciated.  The coop is all ready except for the fenced in yard.  Still some work to do on that, but the girls are loving all their room!



~I've started reading The Definitive Edition of The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.  It is the May 2022 reading selection for the Kindred Readers Book Club.  If you're interested in reading along, we'd love to have you join us!  I'm really enjoying the book.  I remember reading a version of the book in 7th Grade Reading Class but there is so much that I didn't pick up on or have forgotten.  It is a completely different experience reading Anne Frank as an adult!


 
I hope you enjoyed catching up!  I'll be back next Thursday with another Tea Time but I hope you'll check out some of my other posts :)

How was your week?  What's new with you?

 
Colletta

8 comments:

  1. Lots of thankful things today. You two look very happy too.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually my hubby and our youngest daughter :) She is growing up very quickly! I'll have to go back in my blog archives and do a side-by-side picture of her just for fun :)

      Delete
  2. Nothing new here, Colletta. My husband is busy getting our property/land cleared. I hope you have a beautiful day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearing land is very hard work! I don't envy your husband at all. Thank you for stopping by and chatting :)

      Delete
  3. Those are really nice thankfuls and those kittens sure are entertaining, but then so are the chicks! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our hands full with animals that is for sure!

      Delete
  4. The kittens are adorable.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.