Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sewing Saturday (on Sunday) ~ 3/20/2022


I'm going to be featuring my sewing, crocheting and crafting projects on Saturdays.  Some weeks this will include a finished project, a FNSI or FNWF or just a WIP.

~~~~~~~~

I'm going to try to sew at least one block a week in the Pat Sloan sew-along called "Sweet Dreams". I'm using the fabrics below:


~~~~~~~~~~

The 10th Block  of the Sweet Dreams Sew Along is actually a border called:  Pastries.

The week before I accidentally misunderstood and thought we were to put the outside borders on.  The inside dark gray border was fine but the outer light border was not.  Needless to say, I had a date with my seem ripper.


The border that was supposed to be put on was actually a pieced flying geese border.  I debated leaving the light gray and just moving on but I just couldn't!


I am so happy with how it turned out and so glad I took the time to rip off the light gray border and replace it with what the pattern intended.


My favorite pastry is a Cinnamon Roll with Peanut Butter Icing!  Yummm...


You can find the patterns at www.ilovetomakequilts.com .



Colletta

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking fabulous. So sorry you had a date with the ripper but you got everything in order and it looks amazing. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flying geese border directs the eye to the center, to the inner blocks. Not fun to use the seam ripper, but it was worth it ;)
    Thank you for sharing your work in progress, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes; you made the correct decision with the border. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it with the flying geese border. Sometimes it doesn’t pay to go the quick way. Well worth it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was definitely worth the ripping tot place the new (and improved) border. I’ve been saving the blocks and instructions. Not sure whether I will actually do it but I really like how yours is coming along. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flying geese border is perfect. Sometimes that's the only way to go. Fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks awesome, it really is a pretty pattern. Your colors are beautiful.
    Thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the unsewing was definitely worth it. That final pieced border really adds to the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite pastry is a chocolate chip scone. While I would have left the plain border, it's obvious from your finished photo, you were wise in removing it. Your pieced border really takes the resulting quilt top from ho-hum to wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly has turned out just beautifully! Love it! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.