Thursday, March 3, 2022

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 3/4/2022


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:

Nothing.  I didn't even pick up a book this week.  I thought about reading everyday but just didn't take the time to sit down and get engrossed in a book.  I hope this isn't the start of a slump!  I truly am happier and more relaxed in general when I have a book going and have somewhere for my mind to escape to.

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

After his deployment, injured and discharged Major Squire Ackerman returns to Three Rivers Ranch, anxious to prove himself capable of running the cattle operation so his parents can retire. Things would be easier if the ranch wasn’t missing 1.6 million dollars, which forces Squire to hire Kelly, the girl who rejected his high school prom invitation, as his accountant.

She’s back in town with her four-year-old son, living in her parent’s basement until she can get her life back together. With fresh ink on her divorce papers and open gashes on her heart, she’s not ready for much beyond her new job on the ranch.

Squire wants to forgive Kelly for ignoring him a decade ago. He’d like to provide the stable life she needs, but with old wounds opening and a ranch on the brink of financial collapse, it will take patience and faith to make their second chance possible.

First Lines:

"The walls in Kelly Russell's life had never seemed so close."

56%/Page 56

"By five o'clock, Kelly had a dozen pages of notes and the first stack of files read.  Her head pounded like nothing she'd felt before."

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

It's first the story of two women in the 1980s, of gray-headed Mrs. Threadgoode telling her life story to Evelyn, who is in the sad slump of middle age. The tale she tells is also of two women-of the irrepressibly daredevilish tomboy Idgie and her friend Ruth, who back in the thirties ran a little place in Whistle Stop, Alabama, a Southern kind of Cafe Wobegon offering good barbecue and good coffee and all kinds of love and laughter, even an occasional murder. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:
 

   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.   What inspired you to start book blogging? (Julie @ Stepping Stone Book Reviews)

A.  I've always loved to read but really had no one to talk to about the books I read.  They just weren't interested.  Then I discovered the world of book blogging!  I found "my people" :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


16 comments:

  1. I like the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week is better for you reading wise.

    I certainly identify with feeling like the walls are closing in. All too familiar feeling at times.

    Much like you, I started reviewing to share what I love with people who might be interested in it. As opposed to my friends and family who put up with me rambling about fictional characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same thing where if I'm reading a book I feel a bit calmer in life, because I have somewhere to escape to at the end of the day! Fingers crossed you find something to captivate you again soon. Fannie Flagg's book sounds delightful! And yay for finding our equally book-obsessed people online!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. My First line is from Enchanting the Heiress by Kristi Hunter:
    December 1817. Newmarket, England
    How could Jonas Fitzroy possibly follow his twin sister’s directive to stop watching over and protecting her, when she actually believed in the crazy plans she’d just laid out to him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a slump a week ago - just couldn't settle to any book. But eventually I found my way back to reading. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting book. Have a great weekend! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/03/first-line-friday-41-edgewater-road.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beginning is relatable! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently halfway through To Disguise the Truth by Jen Turano. It's great!
    "Not that you're going to want to hear this, but after listening to your diatribe against Arthur for the past hour, complete with complaints about his character, his handsome face, and the way he makes you long to punch him, I'm left wondering if the contentious relationship both of you share is something entirely different than a clash of two strong personalities."
    Have a wonderful weekend! 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you didn't feel like reading. I had a book I'd been so excited to get and it started good, but then I was dreading picking it up. I only finished it by skimming because I'd liked the beginning and wanted to see if the ending surprised me at all because the rest of the book was pretty predictable. Hope you have a better week for reading!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first line is from Until the Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/03/04/until-leaves-fall-in-paris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had weeks where I didn't feel like reading. But, I hope you have a better week of reading this week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with Fannie Flagg... hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in a major reading slump too! I love that will read Fried Green Tomatoes. It's been a while since I've read that. I loved it when I did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me it was hard to find people in my little town to talk books with. I'm so glad I started blogging.

    I love Fried Green Tomatoes. That author makes me laugh.

    And the ranch romances sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I will look for some Liz Isaacson titles.
    I'm glad you found "your people" in the book blogging world. I can relate. I love reading and am able to keep track of the books I've read.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.