Thursday, March 10, 2022

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 3/11/2022


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


Review to come soon!

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

It's first the story of two women in the 1980s, of gray-headed Mrs. Threadgoode telling her life story to Evelyn, who is in the sad slump of middle age. The tale she tells is also of two women-of the irrepressibly daredevilish tomboy Idgie and her friend Ruth, who back in the thirties ran a little place in Whistle Stop, Alabama, a Southern kind of Cafe Wobegon offering good barbecue and good coffee and all kinds of love and laughter, even an occasional murder. 

First Lines:

June 12, 1929

"The Whistle Stop Cafe opened up last week, right next door to me at the post office, and owners Idgie Threadgoode and Ruth Jamison said business has been good ever since."

56%/Page 56

"That Saturday the doctor came to the waiting room and looked in.  All eyes were on him and the conversation stopped."

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

One decision changed his life. 

Nathan Hollister nearly died in a war zone and the experience made one thing crystal clear—breaking off his engagement was a terrible mistake. He arrives at his ex’s ranch to make amends, but gunfire erupts before he can. 

Someone wants her dead. 

Cassie Miles is used to being abandoned, first by her mother and then Nathan. But when an attempt is made on her life, she can’t protect herself and the horses she’s rehabilitating. Accepting Nathan’s help is the only answer.   

A hazardous mission. 

Nathan won’t let anyone harm Cassie. Convincing her to give him a second chance, however, is impossible. As the danger creeps closer, the risk heightens. One critical error could cost Nathan everything…again. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:
 

   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.   Do you have a bookish pet peeve? If so, what is it? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A.  Well there is the evil "dog-ear"...

But, really, I hate when the cover of the book does not coincide with what is within the book itself!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


16 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying the book. I've heard of it, but I'm not sure it is something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idgie! Love the name. Enjoy your books this week. My first line Friday post is up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds good, and we chose the same evil for the BBH. Darn dog ears! LOL Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read Fannie Flagg but do have her on my TBR list. I don't like dog-earing books either, and I don't like when the cover doesn't match the story. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every Fannie Flagg book I've read, including this one. Enjoy! My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued. What is the doctor going to announce?
    Mine is in French this time. With free copies available, and credits to earn an egift card:
    https://francebooktours.com/2022/02/22/le-promeneur-sur-le-cap-first-chapter-first-paragraph-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I need to try the Fried Green Tomatoes movie at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the movie Fried Green Tomatoes and loved it! I’ll be looking to read your thoughts on the book. Did you see the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a reason for all the horsey books??

    I've recently bought a copy of Fried Green Tomatoes and as soon as my shelves are done, it will be one of the first books I want to read!

    Have a good week ahead.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first line is from a Love Inspired by Susie Dietze releasing in April: A Need To Protect.
    “There’s a man in the yard.”

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first line is from The Veteran's Vow by Jill Lynn. Happy Weekend! https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/03/11/the-veterans-vow/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can remember as a kid being horribly disappointed when the illustrations on the cover, especially the pictures of the characters, didn't match with the text. It happened pretty often, too.

    I love that Fanny Flagg. Hope you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve loved all of the Fannie Flagg’ s books that I’ve read.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting looking books. Critical Error caught my eye since I'm a big fan of romantic suspense. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the looks of the Isaacson's books.
    I get annoyed with covers that don't match too.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Fried Green Tomatoes, both the book and the movie. Thanks for reminding me that it might be time for a reread. Here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.