Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hodgepodge ~ 8/23/17

  
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/
 
Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?


I wasn't really into the eclipse.  I'm not really a sciency type of girl.  However, I work at a local college and the Science Department had a big party with lots of the foods listed here.  My favorite would probably be Starburst Candies.

 2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?


I'm "over the moon" about trying to stick to my Weight Watchers plan.  So far I'm seeing some success!  "Once in a Blue Moon" would be going to the movie theater.  I enjoy a good date night every now and then :)

 3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?

Like I said, not that much into science.  I guess if you call the color spectrum science...????  I feed that with crochet and cross-stitch....and my nails :)

 4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?

My favorite memories of going back to school were the new school supplies!  I love stationary and a new tablet just sets me over the edge!  I also loved writing my name in the front of a new textbook and seeing who had the book in the years before me.

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

~Salvation:  I'm nothing without it.
~Family:  Love them to pieces.
~Words:  Both reading them and writing them.
~Color:  It brightens the world.
~Water:  I love the sound and peaceful feeling.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Random thought of the day:  The girls are back in school.  In some ways I'm glad.  In other ways I want perpetual summer vacation.


I'd love to return the visit!  Please leave a comment and a link!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't think of it until you mentioned it, but I do remember being excited to open each new textbook to see who else had used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your memories about school too! I did the same thing with the books and the names in them...also I LOVED getting a new tablet! Such sweet memories of days gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your random thought....I am the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fellow hodgepodge and your site was listed adjacent to mine on Joyce's list so I paying you a visit to say "Hello!" I liked your back to school answer. In college I bought used books and looked for highlighted passages to see what was important. It gave me a head start of sorts, assuming that the book's previous owner passed the class. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.