Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Listen to the song HERE.
1) This week's featured artist uses her middle initial (C. for Carolyn) all the time. Do you use your middle initial very often?
I use my middle initial every time I sign my name.
2) In this song, a mother tells off the local PTA. What's the most recent school event you attended -- whether as a parent, a teacher or a student?
I work at our local community college so I'm at "school" every week day. Other than that it would be "Green Eggs and Ham Day" with my second grader.
The most recent addition to my wardrobe were 5 pairs of work capri's for the summer.
4) Thinking of moms, Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?
My current favorite TV mom is Martha Rogers. She is Rick Castle's mom on "Castle"
We make a baking soda mixture to put on bee stings.
6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother?
I'm not a huge tipper. I probably give about 15% also.
7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?
On this one, I'd go spendthrift! hehe
8) Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?
I love candles! I use them as often as possible. I also hand air fresheners in my office and car.
9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
Hmmm...Definitely NOT dark chocolate. Probably chocolate with almonds.
Not sure how this is suppose to work, so I'll just comment on some of your answers. I am big into aromotherapy so burning scented candles, oils in my diffuser or just reed diffusers in my home, I love smelling something comforting in the air. Dark chocolate, I only eat that!ReplyDelete
I like dark chocolate but that wouldn't be my first pick. Thanks for stopping by!Delete
Yeah...dark chocolate only if there is no milk chocolate around.ReplyDelete
I am not a big tipper either. I think they should just start them out at minimum wage, and do away with the whole tipping, and just give them raises! But that's just me.ReplyDelete
I agree with Jodi on the tipping, but since that isn't the way it is, I start out at 20% and only drop it if the service is poor.ReplyDelete
Milk chocolate--with or without nuts--makes me happy!ReplyDelete
Castle's mom was on a soap opera when I was growing up ... I think she was the girl next door's more glamorous older sister. She's a very witty actress. I'm glad she's had such a long career.ReplyDelete
I forgot about my signature. Oops. I do still use my "A" when I sign. Have a good weekend!ReplyDelete
People's answers about the shoe laces has me re-thinking the whole thing. If Castle's gets to Netflix, I'll probably watch it. Love those sort of programs.ReplyDelete