Sunday, March 16, 2014

Movie Review ~ Love Begins


Synopsis:

Clark Davis (Wes Brown) adventurous dreams of seeing the world are put into jeopardy after he and a friend start a fight which damages a local cafe. Through a plea deal with the Sheriff (Jere Burns) and café owner Millie (Nancy McKeon), Clark works off his sentence as a farmhand for the Barlow sisters, Ellen (Julie Mond) and Cassie (Abigail Mavity). Older sister Ellen doesnt understand Cassies friendly nature with Clark; she agreed to the Sheriffs offer only because the farm has become too much to maintain alone. Clark is slowing winning Ellen over, but suddenly suffers a traumatic head injury in a fall. After Ellen nurses him back to health, her former fiancé returns to win her back. Will Clark travel on or stay behind where love begins?
 
Cast

Love Begins still

Clark Davis - Wes Brown
Ellen Barlow - Julie Mond
Cassie Barlow - Abigail Mavity
Millie - Nancy McKeon

My Overall Thoughts:

I must explain that this is actually one of the prequels to "Love Comes Softly".  This movie portrays Clark falling in love with his first wife Ellen.

I wasn't sure how I would feel watching Clark fall in love with someone other than Marty, but I found it very charming.  Clark is much younger and didn't even seem like the same person.

I can't wait to watch the second prequel "Love's Everlasting Courage".

My Favorite Scenes(s):


Of course, the Kiss.

The dance was very sweet, also.

Watch This Movie With:

Anyone.  Friends, family, adults, children...

Other Notes:

-  I didn't read the book so I can't do a comparison.

My Rating:

5/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you seen this movie or read the book?  What did you think?



1 comment:

  1. Loved the books, have not seen the movie.
    Linda Finn
    faithfulacresbooks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.