Friday, December 30, 2022

Saturday 9 ~ The Last Song by Edward Bear ~ 12/31/2022



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

  
The Last Song (1972)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, the lead singer admits he leaves the light on when he goes to sleep. Do you leave any lights on in your bedroom? Or do you prefer it completely dark?

I don't leave any lights on in my bedroom but I leave a small light on in the Family Room which is right outside my bedroom.  I like to leave my bedroom door cracked open so just enough light comes in without it being too bright.
 
2) He sings that he can't stop wondering where his old girlfriend is. Do you know whatever happened to any of your exes?

Umm...not something I keep track of!

3) He says this is the last song he'll ever sing to his girl. What's the last song you sang? Where were you when you sang it?
 
I was alone in the office Friday so I put on some music.  I found myself singing along a few times (very quietly) but I don't remember what songs in particular.

4) Edward Bear was a Canadian group who took their name from Winnie the Pooh. As written by A. A. Milne, Edward Bear was Pooh's "proper" name. Pooh's favorite food was honey. Is there a food you can't get enough of?
 
Chocolate.  Particularly chocolate with peanut butter.  As in Reese Cups!

5) In 1972, when this song was popular, Disney's Winnie the Pooh was quite a celebrity in his own right, appearing on the cover the 1972 Sears Christmas Wish Book. That year, kids asked Santa for plush Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Did you have many plush toys as a child? If yes, do you still have any of them?

I don't remember having many plush toys.  I had Barbie Dolls and such.  I did have a Rainbow Bright doll that had a plush body so I guess that counts.  I might have had many more that I just don't remember.  I'll have to ask my Mom.  I do not still have any of them.

6) Enough about 1972! Let's look back on 2022. What's something you learned or rediscovered in 2022?

I rediscovered working outside the home.  My first attempt was at a call center where I had to learn all about the product they were selling.  That lasted 3.5 months.  Now I'm working at a job I love and am learning all about Human Resources.

7) Can you think of a moment in 2022 you'd like to do over?

I'd like to do over 30 minutes of every day in 2022.  In that 30 minutes, I would have exercised and been further along in the health journey process that I'm once again embarking on.

8) What are you looking forward to most in 2023?

Going on a family vacation.

9) Random question: Who received the last email you sent? 
 
It would have been a work email.  I can't really think off hand who it would have been to.


Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!


Colletta 

4 comments:

  1. #7...what a great idea!
    I am glad you have something planned to look forward to. As I get older, I am apprehensive of the new year and what it might bring. I was thinking the other day that we need to make plans for the new year, so we have something positive to look forward to. Loved your answers! Have a very Happy New Year! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect we all need more exercise. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sorely tempted by Reese's at Target yesterday. They had a display of chocolate peanut butter hearts near the register, and I swear they were calling my name1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eating dark chocolate Resees I got for Christmas. I agree on the 40 minutes of exercise a day. So important. I lost a lot of muscle due to lack of exercise. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.