Monday, November 15, 2021

Tuesday 4 ~ My Hometown ~ 11/16/2021

https://mytuesday4meme.blogspot.com/

Head over to Tuesday's Place for the questions and to visit everyone's answers!

This week, let's talk about your home town or home state.

  1. What was your hometown like?   Or home state or both!  My hometown is a small town.  We have one blinking red light, a Post Office, a small-town restaurant, a pharmacy and a Mom & Pop store. Not much goes on in a town that small so we usually travel either 30 minutes north or 30 minutes south to the next bigger sized "towns" to do our shopping and activities.  If we want to have a lot of selection, we have to travel 60 minutes to the closest "city".
  2. Did you enjoy where you grew up?  Why?  Yes, I enjoyed it very much.  Small town living was all I ever knew and wouldn't change a thing.
  3. How much did where you grew up shape you?  I would say that more than my town shaping me, my family shaped me into who I am today.  Especially my Mom and Dad who were and continue to be great role models.
  4. What were some of the best and worst things about where you grew up?  As I mentioned, we have to travel to get ANYWHERE!  That racks up the mileage on the vehicle very quickly.  That would be the worst.  The best thing about where I grew up (and still live) is the sense of security that comes along with a small town.

Colletta

5 comments:

  1. Another small town person. I love our small town. I grew up out in the country and have never cared for the big cities. Small town living is the best.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved growing up in a small town. You get to know everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love small towns, and we have lived in several over the years that are just about the same as the one you describe. The town we live in now is a little larger, but still not much. We drive about 15 miles to a Walmart, more stores and hospital, etc. If we want even bigger or better stores, we must travel at least 40 miles. So yes, I can relate, but I love small town living. It is a choice that I gladly make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a few have or do live in small towns. Our current town is "small" but not compared to many others. We are right off the freeway and so we have a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and a Walmart, but it still does have a small town feel of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love small town living! You are right though, you do have to drive everywhere. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.