Sunday, November 14, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 11/15/2021


Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and Happy Monday !

I've been MIA here on the blog as happens once in a while.

Laken has started Cyber Schooling as we are investigating some stomach issues she has been having since the end of August.  We've been working on getting into a new routine and the blog took a back burner.

I want to take a moment to wish my Mom a Happy 65th Birthday which was Sunday the 14th!

Onto the post :)

The weather outside is:

It has really been cooling off here Southern Pennsylvania!  And look at those snowflakes!!



On today's to-do list: 

I'll be helping Laken with her Cyber Schooling when needed.  She does really well with it on her own except for sometimes struggling with Algebra 2.

I also need to get groceries which will probably be happening Monday evening.

Happening this week:

As I mentioned above, we're trying to figure out what is causing her some issues with her stomach.  She has had some tests which have all come back normal.  We finally got in to see the Pediatric GI doctor last Thursday and he ordered some additional tests.  Prayers are much appreciated that we can figure out what is going on.

Kaylee and Shawn have added to their little family with a puppy that will NOT be little for long.  Dahlia, or Dahly for short, is an 8 week old Great Dane little girl and she is so sweet!

The hubby is on 1st shift this week and will probably be working overtime into the evenings as well.

Currently reading:

I haven't been reading much of anything as I've spent most of my time just trying to get through the day.  Friday evening the hubby was on 2nd shift and Laken was doing some work so I charged up my Kindle and started reading "The Lady of Larkspur Vale" by Kasey Stockton.  I haven't actually finished a book in months but so far I'm enjoying it!


On the TV:

Hallmark Christmas Movies!!!!  Yay!!!!

Listening to:

This week for "Songs on Sunday" I featured "Stand in Faith" by Danny Gokey.  I hope you'll check it out :)

On the menu week:

Monday ~  Ham, Cheesy Potatoes
Tuesday ~ Chicken, Noodles
Wednesday ~ Kielbasa, Perogies
Thursday - You're On Your Own (YOYO)
Friday ~ Pizza, Salad
Saturday ~ Soup, sandwiches
Sunday ~ Potluck at Church

In the Craft Basket:

I almost have the I-Spy Baby Quilt done.  I have about 3-4 more days of hand-quilting and then the binding to complete.  The Baby Shower is December 4th so I "think" I'm in good shape :)


I also joined in a Quilt-A-Long (QAL) with Pat Sloan at https://www.ilovetomakequilts.com .  This QAL is called Fall Frolic and is 5 weeks in.  I'm making it for my Mom for her birthday present and she loves all things blue so that is the colorway I went with.  Below are the first 3 blocks.  I haven't taken pictures of the 4th and 5th blocks yet.

  



Picture from the Camera


Here is a picture of Shawn and Dahly.  She's going to be HUGE!


Memory Verse

"Act as free people, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bond-servants of God."  I Peter 2:16


Have a great Monday!

Colletta

4 comments:

  1. Sending you positive vibes for Laken that they can find what she has quickly and mostly that it can be healed.
    Nice picture of your son and his 'small' dog.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your menu. We do the same. Yummy dinner you have.

    Love the puppy. A huge Awww.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pat quilt alongs. My son did 6 years of cyber school he loved it. But yes you need time to adjust. Hope you daughter is better my hubby had food allergies that messed with his stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little puppy! Prayers for your daughter that they quickly find the issue and that cyber school goes well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.