Thursday, July 9, 2020

Journal Entry ~ 7/9/20



A few sentences about each day...

June 28, 2020 - July 4, 2020

Sun/28 ~ Happy Lord's Day!  Kaylee had to go into work this afternoon as her company is having a 4th of July Sale.  Laken went down to Uncle Dan's to swim with him, Aunt Kelly and Andrew.  I picked her up in time for Youth Group in the evening.  All in all, it was a nice relaxing day.

Mon/29 ~ Grocery day was not good to us.  I bumped into the bank in our parking lot with the front corner of the Subaru.  I didn't think anything happened but when we were almost to the grocery store the inner fender and all the attachments started flying everywhere!  We bought a roll of duck tape at the store and taped the fender together to get home.  What a day!

Tues/30 ~ I called our car insurance and since we have full coverage on the Subaru I was able to make a claim.  The "claims guy" was a bit aggravating.  He kept asking me the same questions over and over.  Very irritating :(  We took the car to a local body shop to get an estimate.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Wed/1 ~ Happy July!  I had a dr's appt and a test done today.  I'm happy to say that everything is good and "normal".  I'll leave it at that.  But... on the way home, in the Nitro, the brakes started sticking.  Once, again, we limped home.  All Doug had to say the whole way home was "You've got to be kidding me!"  That put both cars out of commission.  We called my brother, Dan, and he picked up the brakes and calipers from the parts store for us.  He also lent us one of his vehicles.  Thanks, Dan!

Thurs/2 ~ As of 7am, Doug is on "holiday".  He came home and put the new brakes etc. on the Nitro.  Then went to town and got a watermelon for the 4th of July.  We also swung by Dairy Queen and picked up a patriotic ice cream cake for Saturday's picnic and Fireworks.  Doug stayed up all day and is now crashing on the couch watching Hallmark Movies :)

Fri/3 ~ Today is Dad's 73rd birthday!  We went to Bob Evans for breakfast where I got pancakes or as they called them "hotcakes".  Kaylee had to go to work this afternoon.  The rest of us went to Shawnee.  The guys fished and us girls sat in the shade at a picnic table.  Laken colored while I started working on a new project.  We then stopped for ice-cream on our way home :)

Sat/4 ~ Happy Independence Day!  I love the 4th of July and all the festivities that come with it.  We had a quiet morning and then went to my brother and SIL's for a picnic and swimming at noon.  The kids stayed there to swim but Doug and I came home about 3pm to let the dogs out and take an afternoon nap.  At 7pm we all went to my Aunt Donna's and Uncle Charlie's for more food, fun and fireworks!  I love the USA!!!


Until next week,

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.