Thursday, April 16, 2020

Journal Entry ~ 4/16/20


A few sentences about each day...

April 8, 2020 - April 14, 2020

Wed/8 ~ Another beautiful day!  We spent most of the day outside.  This evening Mom and I made up more Communion Kits.  The last ones we made were for 2 weeks.  This time we made them for 3 weeks.  That will take us through the end of April then we'll go from there.  Hopefully, by then things will be getting back to normal.

Thurs/9 ~ It rained just about all day and didn't get very warm.  We were basically in the house all day :(  I rejoined WW after a 2 month hiatus and gaining at least 10 lbs!  I signed up for the digital only.  I set Friday as my weigh in day.  I'm starting fresh tomorrow :)

Fri/10 ~ We had snow this morning!  April is always a crazy weather month here.  70F on day and two days later snow!  The kids have been camped out in the Family Room for 2 days.  I'm about ready to kick them back into their rooms so I can get the Family Room back in order.  I am loving the family time though :)

Sat/11 ~ We made Carrot Cake Bunnies for tomorrow's dessert.  They are super cute!  The girls colored eggs per tradition.  We spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.  We also worked on cutting brush that fell from all the wind lately.

Sun/12 ~ Today was an Easter Sunday unlike any I've ever experienced in my life.  We had home Church, like every Sunday lately.  We also had a nice dinner but that was all.  You could call it "quiet" but I'd call it "boring"!

Mon/13 ~ This was the first time I actually felt nervous to go out for groceries!  It is so sad to see people actually being afraid of other people.  Everyone was definitely practicing "social distancing" and were giving each other a wide berth.  I can't wait until things are more "normal".  Whatever, whenever, that might be.

Tues/14 ~ Laken had a "telemed"/"telehealth" visit with her pediatrician about her asthma.  At first we had trouble getting "Google Duo" to work but finally got it working.  The daily inhaler seems to be helping so we're sticking with that.  I was glad not to have to take Laken to the dr's office!

Until next week,

Colletta

3 comments:

  1. Our grocery stores are still not seeing the social distancing that I would hope for. Many foods are still not available and people are still allowing their children to be in the store touching everything and not obeying the rules that they should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't let my girls out of the house in weeks! They are going a little stir crazy...

      Delete
  2. We are living in scary times. But we will get through this.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.