Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Book Review ~ A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~




Title:  A Confident Heart by Renee Swope
Series:  N/A
Pages:  225
Date Published:  August 1, 2011
Publisher:  Revell

 
 Blurb:
 
    Often the biggest obstacle to living out our faith is our own doubt--about our worth, our abilities, our relationship with God, and situations in our lives. A Confident Heart gives voice to the questions, doubts, struggles, and hopes so many women have. Author Renee Swope shows women how to identify, overcome, and even use doubt in order to live confidently in God's power, truth, and grace.
 
Perfect for women's small groups or individuals, A Confident Heart is an authentic, insight-filled and encouraging message for any woman who wants to exchange destructive thought patterns with biblical truth that will transform the way she thinks, feels, and lives.     


My Thoughts:
 
I started off my "10 Books of Summer" Challenge with a non-fiction read and decided to end it with another non-fiction book.  Yep, I finished a challenge!!!
 
This is a book that I had on my shelf for quite some time.  As you can see above, it was published in 2011.  I'm not sure exactly when I got it but it has been a while.
 
With everything that has been going on my life and the lives of my family members, I really liked the title and felt like I really needed to read about "How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises".
 
Although I didn't agree with all of the author's beliefs (See Way of Salvation in my header), I enjoyed her take on the subject of becoming a confident woman.  That confidence being a confidence that God created us to be exactly who we are.
 
I particularly like the fact that Ms. Swope wasn't afraid to show her own insecurities, fears and doubts.  I related to so many of the chapters.
 
I think I picked this book up to read at just the right time in my life.
 
 
 

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.