Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Movie Review ~ Paul, Apostle of Christ ~ Recommend!


Saturday afternoon we decided to take the family to the theater to see "Paul, Apostle of Christ".  We heard from some friends at Church that it was an excellent movie.

There was a bit of friction from Laken who really wanted to watch "Sherlock Gnomes" instead, but she understood that we were going as a family and were all going to watch the same movie.  I can understand this of an 11-year-old.

Here's the official trailer for your viewing pleasure:




Now for my thoughts:

Our friends from Church were right!  This was an EXCELLENT movie!  I was captivated from start to finish!

I really don't know how to describe the emotions this movie evoked.  It was a roller coaster.

There were some aspects of the story that weren't technically "BIBLICAL" as in they aren't recorded in the Bible.  But at the same time, the events were definitely things that COULD have happened.  I didn't really see anything that was "UNBIBLICAL".

Laken had lots of questions throughout the movie.  It is rated PG-13 and there were a few places that I worried that the movie might be too much for her but I'd rather her see a movie about Christians that is PG-13 than a secular PG-13 movie.  Overall, she handled it very well.

There were so many thought provoking moments in the movie.  I wish I could tell you how much it impacted me and has made me want to strive even harder to win the race.  There was so much to be encouraged by.

The ending of the movie was so emotional for me.  Tears were definitely falling.

I would definitely recommend this movie to everyone.  If you take kids, be prepared to answer questions so use your discretion on the age and maturity of the child.


So, let me know if you've seen the movie and what you thought.  If you haven't seen it yet, do you think you will?


Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.