Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crochet Kindle Sleeves

My dear brother got us a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  Yep!  A Kindle Fire.  The girls have hardly stopped playing it since.

I decided we'd need a sleeve to protect it from the falls that it will undoubtedly have to endure.

 The first one I made out of Red Heart "Monet".  I basically made it by trial and error, measuring as I went.  I think it turned out pretty well.



The Kinde/Nook, etc slides right in.


There is a loop to hook on a button to hold it closed.



For a little fun, I added a flower to the loop.


I also made a manly version that I gave to my brother for his Kindle.  It is made out of Red Heart "Camoflauge".


On this color I used a black button to blend in.



No flower on this one!


I've added these sleeves to my ETSY shop under the Cozies/Sleeves section.  I can make them in any of the colors seen in my shop or solids of your choice.  Come on over and check them out.



Please see my sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to keep the kindle safe! I love crochet and it must be fun to use it each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I also crochet and wish I could of thought of that when making my cover.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.