Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cinnamon & Sugar Tortillas

My 9-yr-old, Kaylee, got "A Cookbook For Mommy & Me" at a book fair. It has fun and easy recipes that are designed to teach kid how to help cook and bake. My girls get so excited anytime I pull it out and say we're going to make something.
So far we've made: Mini Pizzas, Easy Chocolate Cookie Spots and Ants on a Log. They were all so much fun and even my 3-yr-old, Laken, did a great job helping.

A few evening ago we made Cinnamon & Sugar Tortillas. I actually remembered to take pictures as we made them. Ta Da!

Cinnamon & Sugar Tortillas

Ingredients:

1 flour tortilla
Butter
Cinnamon
Sugar
Microwave-safe plate

Place the tortilla on the microwave-safe plate.


Let your little helper spread butter all over the tortilla.


Put the plate into the microwave for 20 seconds. Your little one can push the buttons with your help.

Sprinkle on some sugar.


Sprinkle on some cinnamon.

As much or as little as you desire.


Roll the tortilla up.

Ta Da! Your Cinnamon & Sugar Tortilla. Yummy!

Let each child make their own. There may be some drama as the to the order they get to make them. You may have to use your mommy voice but it is so much fun to see your children create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.