Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kaylee's First Quilt

Kaylee, my 8 year-old, was in a Child's Doll Quilt Swap. I did all the cutting but she did the designing, sewing and ironing. She tied the quilt with embroidery floss. She is very pleased with herself and can't wait to receive her swap quilt in the mail. I'll be posting Kaylee's finished quilt to her swap partner tomorrow.








Here is where my camera batteries died. So there is a pretty big jump in steps to completing her quilt. I hate it when that happens!



I showed her how to pin, try to keep a quarter inch, how to press and ironing precautions, making a strip set, choosing colors for borders, how to sandwich a quilt and how to tie a quilt.
I'm very proud of my little seamstress.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! I am so proud of both of you! Kaylee, your quilt is absolutely darling, what a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive - great colors and it turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's wonderful! You are right to be proud of her as she did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved crafting as a child and now that I'm an adult I am so grateful that my mom made it part of our childhood. I bet your daughter will feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She did such a fantastic job!!! I think I was 10 when I made my first quilt. Full size. For my bed. Still have it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.