Thursday, June 21, 2012

Throwback and the Review Pile ~ 6/21/12

The read and the unread.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We hope to be able to bring attention to some older titles (released 5 or more years ago) that may not be at the top of the current bestseller list, but still deserve a spot in your To-Be-Read pile.



Whispers (Glenbrooke)


"Whispers" The Glenbrooke Series Book 2
Author:  Robin Jones Gunn
Publication Date: 1999
Teri went to Maui hoping to start a relationship with one special man. But romance becomes much more complicated when she finds herself pursued by three men: the handsome marine biologist who brought her to the islands, a charming old crush from high school, and a clumsy, endearing Australian with a wild past.
Swept up by her feelings, yet determined to make the right choice, Teri discovers a powerful truth about where God's law ends and His grace begins. Readers will keep the pages turning to find out Teri's response to the gentle Whispers in her heart. This bestselling former Palisades release is the second book in the new Glenbrooke series.
I just finished the latest release from Robin Jones Gunn, "Under a Maui Moon" so I thought I'd go back to one of the first book I read of Robin's for today's throwback.  This whole series is really good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


From the Review Pile is hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.
The aim is to showcase books that you've received but haven't yet got around to reading.


Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, Bk 3)

"Wildflower Bride" Montana Marriages Book 3
Author:  Mary Connealy
Publication Date:  5/2010

Welcome to the wilds of Montana, where humor, romance, and suspense ride the range. Glowing Sun, a white woman raised by the Flathead tribe, has vague memories of her former life, including a name - Abby Lind. When she's forced to sever all links with her adopted Shoshone family, Abby wonders if she'll ever find a home again.
Tenderhearted Wade Sawyer, responsible for Abby's survival during the village massacre, convinces the knife-wielding woman to return with him to the Sawyer Ranch, never realizing danger lurks behind every corner. Can they survive long enough to fall in love? 
I'm going to be reading this book hopefully within the next few days as part of the Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon and also to finish up a series for "All Series, All Summer 2012".  I really, really liked books 1 and 2 of this series.  I don't know why I haven't gotten around to reading this book sooner other than the fact that there are so many books and so little time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look forward to getting lots of great book ideas for my TBR from everyone's Throwbacks and Review Pile.

Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. Whispers sounds especially interesting to me since I live in Hawaii. I love to read books that take place here and check them for authenticity. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's my problem most of the time, too...too many books, not enough time. Wildflower Bride sounds really good, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either of these, but I like the description of Whispers! Hawaii + love quadrilateral sounds like fun :-)

    Here's my Throwback!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.