Monday, September 20, 2010

"Just Peachy" Recipe & Tea Set

I came across this Peach Tea Set at Goodwill for $2.99!  Isn't it adorable?  They are more of a "mug" than a teacup, but I like them just the same.


I love the bright colors and the shape.  Even the texture is glossy smooth.


I found a recipe that I think would be perfect to serve with tea in my Peach Tea Set.  I haven't had a chance to make it yet.  Mostly because I haven't gotten any fresh peaches yet.  I hope I haven't waited too long!


 
peach shortbread
Picture and recipe from www.smittenkitchen.com

Peach Shortbread

1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 3/4 cups plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup ( 2 sticks) cold butter
1 large egg
2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced (approx. 1/8"-1/4" thick)

Brown your butter:  Melt butter in a small/medium saucepan over medium-low heat.  It will melt, then foam, then turn clear golden and finally start to turn brown and smell nutty.  Stir frequently, scraping any bits from the bottom as you do.  Keep your eyes on it; it burns very quickly after it browns.  Set it in the freezer until solid (approx. 30 minutes).

Preheat oven to 375.  Butter a 9X13 inch pan, or spray it with a nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, baking powder, flour salt and spices with a whisk.

Using a pastry blender or fork, blend the solidified brown butter and egg in to the flour mixture.  It will be crumbly.

Pat 3/4 of the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan pressing firmly.

Tile peach slices over crum base in a single layer.  Scatter remaining crumbs evenly over peaches.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until top is slightly brown and you can see a little color around the edges.

Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.

If anyone tries this recipe, let me know.  Hopefully I'll get to make this soon and enjoy it with some tea in my cute peachy mugs.

Linking to:

Tea Cup Tuesday
Table Top Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh my mom would go nuts over that tea set, she has a peach themed kitchen! I love Goodwill finds!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cute tea set and getting it for a bargain makes it even better. The peach shortbread sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colletta,

    What a wonderful find! The peach teapot and mugs (mugs are good!!!) make me smile. The recipe ... thank you ... peach shortbread sounds delicious. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how SWEET is that tea set and those bars...YUM!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your peach tea set is so pretty and your peach shortcake looks so yummy. Thanks for the recipe. Thanks also for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your peach shortbread looks incredible! Yum!
    Your new little peach tea set is adorable. Two nice sized tea mugs for some hot tea to go with your yummy treats! I'll be right over : )

    Hugs,
    TErri

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peach shortbread looks fabulous. I definitely want to try it. We have three peach trees, but we didn't get a single peach this year...bad spring with a frost in late April and in early May...all the fruit was lost. But I have some freshly-frozen ones from last year that are still in the freezer. Perhaps I will pull a bag out and try this recipe.

    Your teaset is lovely. Nice and bright and perky. Perfect for a summer tea party.

    Blessings to you,
    Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a bright and cheerful tea set!! Can't help but smile when you see it! So cute!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks just delicious! Your teaset is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cheerful peach tea set is very nice. Thanks for the delicious sounding recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and colorful teapot and mugs, all very cute, and the recipe looks delectable. Bet it is yum, yum, yummy!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.