Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book Review: "Driftwood Lane" by Denise Hunter

"A Nantucket Love Story"

Driftwood Lane (Nantucket Love Story)
Book Description:

Meridith can handle anything: guardianship of three distant siblings, a dilapidated Bed-and-Breakfast, even an ever-present handyman who's dismantling more than her fireplace--or can she?

When the death of Meridith's estranged father leaves her with custody of three siblings she's never met, she reluctantly goes to Nantucket to care for them--but only until their uncle returns from his trip. Little does she know, the uncle is already there under the guise of her friendly handyman, with plans of his own.

Will the love that grows between them be strong enough to overcome the secrets that brought them both to Driftwood Lane?

My Thoughts:

I have loved all four of the "Nantucket Love Story" series.  Denise Hunter is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.

I started this book about 10:30pm and stayed up until almost 2am to finish it.  I just couldn't stand the thought of putting it down without reading the whole story.

The dialogue between the characters was so real and comfortable.  The writing was so easy to read, which is a good thing because my eyes were getting quite scratchy and blurry by about 12:30am.

The journey the characters take through this entire book was so touching and endearing.  A great story on learning how to give up control and just trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.