Sunday, September 26, 2010

Book Review: "The Silent Governess" by Julie Klassen

The Silent Governess
 
Book Description:

Believing herself guilty of a crime, Olivia Keene flees her home, eventually stumbling upon a grand estate where an elaborate celebration is in progress. But all is not as joyous as it seems. Lord Bradley has just learned a terrible secret, which, if exposed, will change his life forever.

When he glimpses a figure on the grounds, he fears a spy or thief has overheard his devastating news. He is stunned to discover the intruder is a scrap of a woman with her throat badly injured.

Fearing she will spread his secret, he gives the girl a post and confines her to his estate. As Olivia and Lord Bradley's secrets catch up with them, will their hidden pasts ruin their hope of finding love?

My Thoughts:
 
First of all, I LOVE Regency Romance!  Secondly, I've LOVED every single Julie Klassen book I've read!  And I've read them all!
 
"The Silent Governess" did not dissappoint me.  In fact, I think it is my favorite Julie Klassen book so far.
 
Some of the reasons I loved this book are the time period, the characters, the intriguing plot and the setting.  I also felt very connected Olivia because she was taking care of and teaching children, as am I.
 
This book had it all.  Romance, mystery, drama, family, and danger.  An absolute terrific read!
 
I can't wait for Julie's next book!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love Regency Romance as well. I hope authors keep writing this genre. I enjoyed reading your review. Hope to read the book one day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.