Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book Review: "Shadowed Secrets" by Lois Richer

Camp Hope Series
Shadowed Secrets (Camp Hope)
 
Book Description:

Angie Grant is on the run from the very witness protection program she's been serving. Her only refuge is her old house on the edge of Camp Hope's property. There she finds safety and the one person she can trust: police officer Rick Mercer. As Angie works out the issues from her past and learns to face the future, Rick finds himself falling in love with her. True love beckons, even as they come face-to-face with shadowed secrets.

My Thoughts:
 
I'm not sure what number this book is in the Camp Hope Series because this is the only one I've read.  While this is a stand-alone book, I think I would have understood more and gotten more deeply involved in the story if I would have had read more of the series.
 
The two main characters had already known each other for  along time when the book starts.  They have a history that is mostly eluded to.  There is a lot of interaction and romance contained in this book between them so I didn't feel like I missed out on anything major.
 
It was interesting reading about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the CSIS (not sure what that stands for).
 
This book had so many mysteries that I couldn't figure out.  I had a few hunches what direction it was going to go, but it wasn't predictable as some mysteries are.
 
I love watching all the cop-type shows on TV and this fell right into that category. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.