Monday, September 6, 2010

Marriage Mondays- Feed the Flame

Julie hosts Marriage Mondays at "Come Have a Peace.

Today she talked about "How to Fee the Flame" of your marriage and asks:

"If there's a spark between you and your hubby today, would you be ready to nurture that blaze? What can you do today to get ready to help build that flame?"

To that I say: We desparately need some time alone!

Doug has been working so much overtime to support our family. He also works swing-shift so his schedule changes every week. When he is home the kids are hanging all over him. Understandable. They miss him as much as I do. He's their Daddy.

I am a Stay-At-Home-Mom to our 9 and 3 year old daughters. I am constantly with my 3 year old. Since her big sister has gone back to school, she is now my shadow. Everywhere. All the time.

However, a husband and wife need some time alone. To talk, to be intimate, sometimes just to sit on the couch together and watch a movie. On the rare occasion maybe to go out together...alone.

Next Friday will be our 10th Anniversary! I've already mentioned to Grandma about a sleepover that night. Oh, how I look forward to it!

Disclaimer: I love my children very much and enjoy spending time with them.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there!It sounds like you DO need some time alone, and sometimes the best thing you can do for your kids is tell them that Mommy and Daddy need some alone time. :) And it doesn't mean you don't love or like your children; in fact, I think that craving time with your hubby means you DO love your children. Definitely make that reservation with Grandma, and if that falls through, call a friend. :)

    Praying you will enjoy some sweet time together soon. And until then, make the most of each free moment you have. Put that adorable 3 yr old to work ;) helping you make your bedroom a peaceful place to enjoy time with your man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to make time alone with our mate. I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary and enjoying each others company!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.