Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Hornet Pride" Quilt

I has been a long time since I have posted a crafty project. This summer I've worked on shawls and quilting a butterfly quilt. I've put that on hold for the time being.

Earlier this summer I put together this "Hornet Pride" quilt. Our town's school colors are Orange and Black and we're the Hornets.

Here's a picture of the top. Un-quilted.



I used quilt blocks from a Black & White Block Exchange. I have enough left for another quilt. I'm thinking that one might be Red, White & Black.


My goal is to have this quilt completed by the end of September. I hand-quilt so hopefully I'll make my goal. I have two of the blocks quilted so far.


Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some great contrasts! I especially like some of those star blocks - really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! I wish I could make a quilt. But I can't sew so I think that would be a problem. Lol! Both my husbands granma's made quilts so I have a lot of admiration for that craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not always into graphically bold stuff but I really like this.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.