Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book Review: "Seasons in the Mist" by Deborah Kinnard

Seasons of Destiny Book 1

Book Description:

Bethany Lindstrom, a graduate student in history, wants the same things as any ambitious historian: worldwide academic recognition, a series of brilliant papers, and a reputation that places her in the front ranks of her peers. She's well on the way to achieving her goals when her trip to the U.K. to work on a dig at Oxford goes awry from the moment she lands at Heathrow. A missing taxi, and enigmatic acquaintance, and an unplanned trip to Cornwall form no part of her plans. Then, as she wanders around her hostess's ancient home, searching for history, she stumbles through an unseen portal to the fourteenth century.

Stranded in 1353 Cornwall, American graduate student Bethany Lindstrom knows she must find a way back to her own time or face a life of falsehoods and peril. But with the stern overlord Sir Michael Veryan, she is swept into the intrigues of King Edward's court, which will test their mettle and their faith in God to the limits-and forever bind their lives together.

My Thoughts:

A Christian book about time travel. Hmmmm? I was a little skeptical at first. I was also very intrigued. The concept was new and I'd never read a Christian book with this plot line.

I was excited to start reading it. I was excited while reading it. And I'm excitedly waiting for the next book in the series to come out.

This book was so interesting. The characers, the details, everything held me captured from the beginning until the end. Combining comtemporary romance and historical romance in one is a complete winner in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Colletta, I'm so happy you liked it! I've just turned in Book 2 of this series, working title SEASONS OF RECKONING.

    My thanks, as Lord Michael would say, for posting such kind words.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.