Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Review: "A Tailor-Made Bride" by Karen Witemeyer


Book Description:

Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with Coventry, Texas's new dressmaker. He's all too familiar with her kind -- shallow women more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet, except for her well-tailored clothing, this seamstress is not at all what he expected.

Hannah Richards is confounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?

When Hannah decides to help Jericho's sister catch a beau -- leading to uproarious consequences for the whole town -- will Jericho and Hannah find a way to bridge the gap between them?

My Thoughts:

I loved this book!  I loved the characters, the setting, the plot.  Everything.

I love to sew and make things with fabric.  The details about sewing machines, dressmaking, dollmaking, breadcloth making, fabrics and frills were all fascinating.

Hannah also is helping Jericho's sister, Cordelia, get in shape and attract the eye of a certain telegraph operator.  The timing was perfect for me as I just started a "Fall Fitness Challenge."  It was actually kind of motivating!  Hearing the techniques used for exercise in that time was quite interesting.

The banter between Hannah and Jericho was so very life-like.  I could hear me and my husband going back and forth like that anytime.

A very enjoyable read!

Linking up to:










1 comment:

  1. I'll be posting a book review tomorrow and linking over here. It's actually a cookbook, but it's really awesome! :0)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.