Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bavaria Tirschenreuth "Dogwood"

I was browsing through teacups and saucers on Ebay a few months ago and found a 49 piece set of Bavaria Tirschenreuth china in the pattern "Dogwood".  I instantly loved the delicate pattern.  They were from the estate of the seller's grandmother.


Unfortunately, by the time they made it to my doorstep, only 35 pieces survived.  I got such a deal on them thought that it was still well worth the price.  I was heartbroken though.


As I said, I was orginially looking at teacups and saucers.  Here is the set.  Isn't it gorgeous?


I love the inside as well as the outside.  So delicate.


Each setting contains 7 pieces.  Dinner plate, soup bowl, bread plate, salad plate, dessert bowl, teacup, and saucer.


The stamp on the back.  I find it so interesting.


I'm very happy with my Ebay find.  I can't say my husband is quite as joyful.  I'm running out of room!

Linking up to:
Tea Cup Tuesday
Table Top Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday
Simple Pleasures

9 comments:

  1. Hello Coletta :) What a lovely set you found on Ebay. How unfortunate that they all did not make it safely to your home :( Did you have the package insured? I do hope that you contacted the seller to let them know that they all did not arrive safely.

    Wishing you a lovely Tea Tuesday!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! It's fun collecting different patterns. I love to mix and match.

    Hello, my name is Kristie and I have a slight addiction to dishes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very lovely set. So delicate and pretty. You must love using it. Ebay has some of the best stuff!
    Thank you for showing it to us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dogwood china is gorgeous!!! What a lucky find for you! If you have a chance, stop by my blog and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you fairly new to Teacup/Teatime Tuesday? Or have I just not made it by to visit until now?

    Anyhow, your dogwood china is beautiful. I'm so sorry that several pieces were lost on their way to you. Did you let the seller know that? I have bought china on Ebay (Desert Rose is my current love), and every piece I have bought has been lovingly wrapped...and that was from several different sellers. It would seem that your seller wasn't as careful in his packing.

    Enjoy your sweet girls. They grow so quickly. My second child finished up high school this year, which totally blows my mind. I miss the days of having little ones.

    Blessings,
    Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabuous find. I love the pretty soft pattern. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pattern! It is gorgeous! So sorry some were broken....sounds like the seller didnt know how to pack! But you will still enjoy those you have.
    Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.