Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Sweet Birdie" and "In the Jungle" Minky Blankies

This project was new for me.  I'd never used minky and really hadn't sewn with flannel.  I was at the fabric store and both were on sale.  I found such a pretty mint green minky and knew that was the color I wanted to experiment making blankies with.

I found a boyish flannel and a girly flannel that both matched the mint green minky.  I learned to definitely use my walking foot with these babies.

There was enough flannel left to make two burp clothes for each set.

"In the Jungle"

"Sweet Birdie"


I also bought some more flannel specifically for burp cloths.  I made them into sets of 4 with two prints of each in the set.  I made 2 sets of each.

"Frogs and Blue Elephants" 

"Mermaids and Pink Elephants"

I enjoyed making these blankies and burp cloths.  It is always fun trying something new.

These items can be found in my shop in the "Baby Accessories" section.



Please see my left sidebar for the places I'll be linking to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.