Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Weigh-in Wednesday ~ 11/16/16

 
 
My inspiration:
 
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
 
Proverbs 16:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so nervous to weigh-in Saturday morning.  It was my first weigh-in after being on the Weight Watchers program for a week.  I kept wavering between excitement and dread.  Would I lose?  Would I GAIN?  I just didn't know.  I had refrained from weighing myself in at home all week, so I really had no idea.

Saturday morning rolled around and I went to the meeting.  I was the first person there and to get weighed for the morning.

Guess what????

I LOST 5.2 lbs!!!!!

In ONE week of being on the Weight Watchers program I got my very first 5lb star!



I was beyond excited but I kept my cool :) 

I don't know why I was so surprised.  I had kept within my Daily Point allowance, exercised for a total of 56 Fitpoints when my goal was 48 Fitpoints and only used 21 of my Weekly Points.  I guess I was just preparing myself for the worst even though I was hoping for the best.

The meeting itself was about Being Up for the Holiday Challenge.  Planning ahead is the key.  "Planning Brings the Future into the Present".

Here are some tips that the were mentioned.

~On the ordinary days with no parties or get-togethers be extra vigilant on the food and exercise plan. 

~Manage stress and social pressure

~Make time for Weight Watcher meetings. 

~ Be full before going to a party.  Don't go hungry.

~Maybe take a healthy dish to the party.

~Look up recipes for healthier treats so that you don't feel deprived.

~Lighten recipes with applesauce or go crustless.

~Smaller portions of high-point food and use a smaller plate.

~Focus on the non-food related joys of the holidays.

I am so glad I decided to start the Program now instead of waiting for the 1st of the Year.  I know I'm not going to lose 5lbs every week.  It just isn't a reasonable goal.  But it was an excellent start and has given me the motivation I need for the week ahead :)

What have you done to plan for the Holiday season.  Have you scheduled in time for yourself so that you can manage the stress and busyness of the season?  How will you take care of yourself?


My week's stats:

Weigh-in:  -5.2 lbs.

Exercise:  56 Fitpoints from walking 40 minutes everyday.

Tracking:  I think I did very well keeping track of my points using the WW website.  I stayed close to my daily point allowance and still had 21 extra Weekly Points left by the end of the week.


Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.