Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Weigh-In Wednesday ~ 11/23/16

 
 
My inspiration:
 
Commit whatever you do to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
 
Proverbs 16:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was nervous again about weighing in at the WW meeting.  I guess I thought my loss the first week was just a fluke.  BUT.....  I lost another 3 pounds this week!  That is a total of 8.2 pounds.  My goal for this week is to hit the 10 pound lost mark.  That means I need to lose 1.8 this week.  Wish me luck!

At the meeting we talked about the "Great Plate" and how we were planning for Thanksgiving.  We were given a sheet to make notes about what some common Thanksgiving foods were and their points.



Planning ahead of time what you are going to eat and are willing to spend points on, will make it easier to decide on how to fill your Great Plate.

Some of my must-haves are stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.  Knowing that, I can plan the rest of my daily points and even my weekly points if needed.

Some of the tips that the group came up with to handle the urge to over-eat on Thanksgiving were:

~Plan ahead.

~Just say "Not Thank You" to foods that you aren't prepared to use points on.

~Use a smaller plate.

~Eat slowly.

~Wait at least 5 minutes before deciding whether or not to have seconds of a dish.

~Make and take a point-friendly dish to share.

~Enjoy your family and friends and make food secondary.

What are you doing to plan for ahead for Thanksgiving?  What are your must-have dishes?  Do you have any great point-friendly recipes to share?  How will you focus on family and friends and make food secondary?


My week's stats:

Weigh-in:  -3 lbs.  Total:  -8.2 lbs.

Exercise:  56 Fitpoints from walking 40 minutes everyday.  When my new week started on the WW website, it asked me to up my Fitpoint goal from 48/week to 58/week.  I had the option to stay at 48/week but decided that since I've been getting 56/week already, I'd give myself the motivation to start walking for 50 minutes a day.

Tracking:  I tracked everything!  I didn't even use any of my weeklies this week :)  When I logged my weight loss in it took another smartpoint from me.  I now get 40 smartpoints a day.



Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss this week! Thank you for the tips on planning that Thanksgiving plate! 'Makes it feel much less daunting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, congratulations! I always have great plans on how to manage the holidays and usually the plans fall through when faced with the moment and everyone else eating everything. We had Thanksgiving as a family in mid October, and actually it went pretty well, much better than other years. I avoid potatoes and sweets. It helps.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.