Thursday, November 17, 2016

Book Review ~ The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden ~ 11/17/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
11547872
 
Blurb:
 
The last thing Libby Sawyer and her father expected upon their return from their summer home was to find strangers inhabiting a house that had been in their family for decades. Widower Michael Dobrescu brought his family from Romania to the town of Colden, Massachusetts with a singular purpose: to claim the house willed to him long ago. Since neither party has any intention of giving up their claim, a fierce legal battle ensues between the two families.

When important documents go missing from the house, Libby suspects Michael is the culprit. Determined to discover the truth behind the stolen papers, Libby investigates, only to find more layers of mystery surrounding Michael and his family. Despite their rivalry, Libby finds herself developing feelings for this man with the mysterious past.

As a decision about the house looms in the courts, Libby must weigh the risks of choosing to remain loyal to her family or give her heart to a man whose intentions and affections are less than certain.
      

My Thoughts:
 
This book hooked me.  I stayed up way too late to finish reading it because I didn't want to put it down.  I wanted to know how the story would evolve and how it would end!
 
The plot was amazing!  Unlike any that I've ever read.  A Romanian warrior and a Massachusetts gentlewoman make a strange combination!
 
Michael was everything I would want in a hero.  He was strong, masculine, protective and nurturing, all at the same time.
 
Libby was a great leading lady.  She was kind, caring, compassionate and from what I deduced, dyslexic.  She thought this was an insurmountable obstacle because she had been told since childhood that it was a mental flaw.
 
I loved how the story unfolded.  I loved the mystery, the legal battle, the quiet times and especially the love story.
 
You NEED to read this book!
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

2 comments:

  1. It does sound like a book that would hook you for sure! A mysterious romance. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked it out as an eBook from my library. Thanks for linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.