Thursday, November 24, 2016

Book Review ~ Torchlight by Lisa Tawn Bergren ~ 11/24/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
770127
 
Blurb:
 
After inheriting her family’s lighthouse and mansion, heiress Julia Rierdon--sister of Jake Rierdon (Refuge)--travels to the coast of Maine to restore the estate and turn it into a lavish inn. Temporarily separated from her wealthy fiancé, Julia turns to a mysterious stranger for assistance.
 
Motorcycle-riding handyman Trevor Kenbridge is gorgeous, infuriating…and just the man she needs to help her prepare her inn. Could he also be the right man to claim her heart?      

My Thoughts:
 
This is the second book in the "Full Circle" series.
 
I thought I would love this book.  It is, after all, a book about renovating a mansion near a lighthouse.  And there was reading of great-great's diaries.  And a handsome handyman.
 
But...
 
It somehow fell a little flat for me.
 
I liked the story well enough but I thought there could be more details about the parts I found interesting.  Such as the renovations and romance.  That might just have been personal preferences though.
 
I also was bit annoyed with Julia.  Even though I knew she had a "boyfriend" back in California, she was so hard on Trevor.  I think the romance could have used a little more work instead of being so abrupt at the end.
 
Still, if you like lighthouses and family history, it was worth reading and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.

I'd love for you to join in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups here on my blog.

For more information, please click HERE, the picture below or see the top right sidebar :)

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/2017-penpal-sign-ups-ends-121916.html

 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

3 comments:

  1. Great review. Sometimes it happens. Thanks for the honesty.
    I'd love for you to come over and link your suggestions for Christmas.
    The party is here:http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/11/buy-book-for-christmas-reviewers.html
    The party begins at noon and goes all weekend!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always disappointing when the next book in a series you've been looking forward to falls a little flat, isn't it? Oh well. Thankfully, there's always another book waiting in the TBR pile! :) Thanks for sharing this review at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this same author from friends (about her previous books), and I'm definitely interested trying out something written by Bergren, perhaps an earlier book. This one you mentioned is new to me today.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.