Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Book Review ~ Refuge by Lisa Tawn Bergren ~ 11/10/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
431296
 
Blurb:
 
When Rachel Johanssen dared Beth Morgan to answer a personal ad in The Rancher’s Journal, she never thought her citified friend would become a bona fide rancher’s wife. Now Rachel, too, is falling in love with the glorious valley…as well as with Dirk Tanner, a rugged rancher who makes it his home.
 
Rachel isn’t the only San Franciscan newly drawn to the Elk Horn Valley. Jake Rierdon, son of a San Francisco client, has taken a shine to ranch life too--and to beautiful young Emily Walker. But will threats from the present and the past destroy any chance the couples have to build a future?    

My Thoughts:
 
This is the very first book in the "Full Circle" series.  I was surprised to find out that this book is actually in two parts.  One tells Rachel's story and the other tells Emily's story.  Basically, two short-stories in one book.
 
RACHEL
 
As with most books in a new series there are some learning curves such as getting to know the characters, setting, etc.  With this book, it jumps right into the plot.  I had to learn quickly who was who and what was what.
 
I loved the main characters but was wishing the story was a bit longer to get to know them better before the climax and ending.
 
EMILY
 
By the time I was reading about Emily, I felt that I had gotten to know the characters and the surroundings as they were basically the same as Rachel's story.
 
I felt more for Emily and Jake.  Maybe because I had met Jake in the first part and really like him then.
 
Emily's past was haunting and it was touching to read how she let herself heal with God's help.
 
~~~~~~
 
Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading Book 2 about Jake's sister.  Lucky me, it is already on my bookshelf!
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

3 comments:

  1. The book sounds like one I would like. Thanks for sharing the review with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting read. It's been awhile since I've read any fiction, but I have lots of non-fiction books started. Maybe I need a diversion. :) Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at the #LMMLinkup. http://www.gaylswright.com/2016/11/14/common-goals-bring-people-together/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, so glad you stopped by our #LMMLinkup. I love reading your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.