Thursday, November 3, 2016

Book Review ~ Strand of Deception by Robin Caroll ~ 11/3/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
14978954
 
Blurb:
 
When Gina Ford, the daughter of a prominent Tennessee politician, goes missing from the University of Memphis a week after another girl was murdered on the same campus, police call in the FBI. Nick Hagar, married to his job as Special Agent in Charge, is assigned to the case, and when Gina’s body is found, her father demands justice.

Maddie Baxter is the forensic expert running DNA tests from the crime scene. When they come back without a match, Nick asks her to do a familial DNA run that yields a shocking result: the prime suspect is Adam Alexander, the very same guy who broke Maddie’s heart when she was in college.


But do scientific advancements tell the whole story? Strand of Deception offers romance, suspense, and a lively debate about the impact of DNA testing, for better or worse, on the United States justice system.     

My Thoughts:
 
This book is the third book in the "Justice Seekers" series.  All three were excellent!  I'm a bit sorry to see this series come to an end. 
 
I thoroughly enjoyed Maddie and Nick's story.  They both were perfect lead characters.  Maddie had the smarts and apparently Nick is a hunk of a man :)
 
At times, things got a bit technical but not enough to make it difficult to follow.
 
I love crime dramas with the right amount of romance, so this book (in fact - this whole series) was right up my alley.  I loved it!
 
I think I've found a favorite new genre, although historical is still high up on my list!  I do love to have variety in my reading, though.  It keeps it interesting.
 
I can't wait to read more books from this author!
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good murder mystery to get your blood boiling! Thanks for sharing your review with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out this series! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday last week on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.