Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gratituesday ~ My Body Is A Temple ~ 12/4/12

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


I was reminded once again this past week in my Bible study that my body is a temple.
~"Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"  1 Corinthians 3:16 NASB~

I can't say that I've treated my body like temple over the past decade.  I've struggled with my eating habits, keeping an exercise routine and just plain being selfish and lazy.

I've gone through "spurts of determination" to do better and will for a few weeks but without fail, I'll lost my motivation and return to my bad habits of doing nothing but the essentials to take care of my health and body.

I dream of one day feeling strong and athletic as I once did.  I dream of one day being able to say that I'm in a healthy weight range.  I dream, I dream, I dream.

I won't lie and say that I don't also want to look good and feel pretty and buy cute clothes again.  That just wouldn't be true.  I want to go shopping with anticipation and not dread.  But even more than that, I want to be able to RUN!  I want to be able to play basketball and softball with my daughters.  I want to be able to go on bike rides.

 I want to feel like me again.  I want to not be embarrassed to see people I went to school with and think about how different I look.  I want to stand next to my (skinny) husband and not feel huge and frumpy.

Most of all I want to feel HEALTHY!  I want to feel FREE!  Free of the extra weight and burden that it puts on me.

I joined a gym about a month ago and have been really enjoying my time there.  But, I fear that I will once again lose my motivation and determination.

So, I signed up for a "13 in 2013" challenge.  I committed to walk/run 13 - 5k's in the year 2013.  I've joined in the facebook group for this challenge and have been so inspired!  I've signed up for a few virtual 5k's and also have some real life 5k's planned for next year.



I am really looking forward to participating in these events and the supportive community that is being made.  I am so grateful for these new friends and their excitement that is contagious!

So, I'm going to be "in training" and working on my endurance, stamina and speed.  I have a long way to go but am very hopeful!


~"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  For you have been bought with a price:  therefore glorify God in your body."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NASB~



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post. I was thinking something to this effect earlier today. I feel like this extra drive and motivation I'm feeling to change my lifestyle habits through HBBC has really been a message from God that he wants me to take better care of my body. When you look at it like that, there is a whole added layer of motivation.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.