Friday, December 14, 2012

Coffee Date ~ 12/14/12

Won't you come meet Alissa (above), me and the girls for a coffee date,
or in my case, hot chocolate with whipped cream or maybe a chai tea?

Hello, everyone!  I hope you're having a good week.  Here some highlights from mine:

~We got our Christmas tree last Sunday!  It is all set up in the base and ready to be decorate tomorrow!  It has been so hard for the girls to be patient this week.  Doug has been on 2nd shift and I wanted to wait until we could all be together to decorate it.  It is a tradition that I didn't want to break.

~Kaylee had her first Jr. High Basketball scrimmage yesterday.  Our girls won!  It was shaky in the beginning but after they got warmed up they started hitting the plays.

~Kaylee had another first this week and I need your advice on how to handle it.  She overhead someone talking about her in the locker room.  sigh....  She was so upset and cried the whole way home from practice.  Granted, we only live across town but seeing my baby upset because her feeling were hurt killed me!  I'm so proud about how she's handled it.  She decided to just let it go and she's been so mature.  My baby is such a sweet girl.

~Doug gave me my Christmas present early!  He got me a Family Ring with all our birthstones and our names engraved by each one.  Love it!

~I have one more order to ship out today and then I'm on VACATION!!!!!  I do have a few small gifts I still want to make but other than that it will be all about getting our home ready for Christmas, baking, Christmas programs and just relaxing!  Whoohoo!

~Speaking of baking, Laken has been begging to make gingerbread men/women this year.  I got a kit that has all the cutters and decorations already in it.  I can't wait to make them with the girls!  "Not my gumdrop buttons!"  I can't resist!





~OK, so for our Coffee Date we're supposed to list 3 things we wish we had known sooner or could tell our younger self.  I'm sure there are many, many more that I could list but here are 3:

1.  Get help for PPD/PPA much sooner and don't worry about what others say about it.

2.  Stay fit!  Don't let yourself get into the "shape" you are now and have to dig your way out.

3.  Never, ever, ever doubt God's love and faithfulness.

So, how was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.