Monday, December 10, 2012

A Musing ~ Latest DNF ~ 12/10/12



Each week Miz B at Should Be Reading asks a bookish question to muse over.

Q. "What was the last book you could not finish and why?"

Baby, It's Cold Outside



The last book I couldn't finish was "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Susan May Warren.  I love Susan May Warren's writing and the book was really good but it was just so sad!

I was looking for a light-hearted Christmas read and this book had so much sadness surrounding death due to war.  I just wasn't in a place to read about the subject matter as I had just had an unexpected death in the family.

So, as hard as it was, I had to stop reading and move on to a lighter topic but please don't let this discourage you from reading the book.

Musing along,

7 comments:

  1. Melancholy holiday fare? You're right, I would have to be in the proper holiday spirit to read it. It has a lovely cover, I'm going to have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the two Daughters of Fortune books by Warren, and loved them! I do agree that books marketed for the inspirational holiday theme ought to not depress, as many of us are already battling our own holiday memories that cause melancholy. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have to have a certain mindset for this type of subject matter. I don't want to be sad during the holidays! I'm glad I know this about this book now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we really are not in the right mental state for some books.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/musing-mondays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't want to be reading a sad holiday book right now either. Does not mean it is a bad book like you said just not the time.

    http://icewarmth.com/musing-monday-121012/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good reason to quit reading. Here is my post:
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the cover of this one but I don't think I'd enjoy it.
    My MM http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/musing-mondays-dec-10/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.