Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wishing and Waiting ~ 9/26/12

These are two books, one released, one un-released that I can't wait to get my book-loving hands on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper 
spotlights a book that has already been released and I can't wait to get my hands on.

Fear No Evil


"Fear No Evil"
Series: N/A
Author:  Robin Caroll
Published:  8/1/2010
Publisher:  B&H Books
Wishdate:  3/14/2011
Position on PBS:  #2

With his father in a nursing home and his mother needing support, former Great Smoky Mountains park ranger Lincoln Vailes moves to the bayou town of Eternal Springs, Louisiana, to become a police officer. Recent college graduate and eager social worker Jade Laurent has also moved there to try and right the wrongs of an abusive past. But someone is running her car off the road and pointing guns in her direction. As Lincoln investigates her case, he uncovers ties to big-city gang warfare up north that appears to be making its evil way down south.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
WOW hosted by Breaking the Spine spotlights
an up-coming release that I'm eagerly anticipating.



To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)

"To Whisper Her Name"
Series:  Belle Meade Plantation Book 1
Author:  Tamera Alexander
Release Date:  10/1/2012
Publisher:  Zondervan

Olivia Aberdeen, destitute widow of a murdered carpetbagger, gratefully accepts an invitation from “Aunt” Elizabeth Harding, mistress of Belle Meade Plantation and the dearest friend of Olivia’s late mother. Expecting to be the Harding’s housekeeper, Olivia is disillusioned once again when she learns the real reason why Elizabeth’s husband, Confederate General William Giles Harding, agreed to her coming. Caring for an ill Aunt Elizabeth, Olivia is caught off guard by her feelings for Ridley Adam Cooper, a southern-born son who—unbeknownst to her and everyone else—fought for the Union. Determined to learn “the gift” that Belle Meade’s head horse trainer, Bob Green, possesses, Ridley is a man desperate to end the war still raging inside him while harboring secrets that threaten his life. As Ridley seeks to make peace within himself for “betraying” the South he loved, Olivia is determined to never be betrayed again…

Set within the remarkable history of Nashville’s historic Belle Meade Plantation, comes a story about enslavement and freedom, arrogance and humility, and the power of love to heal even the deepest of wounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Wishing and Waiting until next Wednesday,
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Both sound like they should be good! I like historical fiction, but hardly ever seem to read that genre. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices! Historical and modern -- great to be able to mix and match. Enjoy!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both those books sound great! Thanks for visiting my wishlist:)
    Cheers
    Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either one of these. But, I will definitely check these out :) Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    My WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for Fear No Evil

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of either of these but they both sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not familiar with your picks, but they do look good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.