Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye, Dear Uterus!

Dear Uterus,

I first "met" you when I was eleven years old.  I vividly remember the night you sent your first message to me.  I was too embarrassed to tell my Mom until the next morning.

For the next 10 years I didn't really appreciate you.  You were a nuisance.  But then, God used you to protect, warm and grow by first baby girl.  Sorry, we had to cut her out of you.  But you bounced back pretty quickly.

For the next 5 years, I awaited your messages with held breaths and careful watching of the days.  If your message was late, I would panic and run to the store to make sure there weren't two pink lines.

Then I started praying for those two pink lines to appear.  After six months of praying, wishing, hoping and sending you happy thoughts, you were once again used to grow another baby girl.  Sorry about having to cut her out of you, too.  You bounced back even quicker that time.  I guess you knew what to expect.

But, it seems like since then, you have been mad at me.  You ignore me for months on-end and then out-stay your welcome.  You cause me endless mess, pain, stress, depression and sleepless nights.  Not to mention the money you have cost me lately.

I am so thankful for the cozy, little home you created for my girls for 18 months.  I will never forget that and will be forever grateful.

But, the time has come to end our acquaintance.  As of 8am tomorrow morning, we will go our separate ways.  It has been a wild ride!

Farewell.

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Precious Readers,

Please keep me in your prayers.

Love,

Colletta

4 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you. One word of advise, if they have to fill you with any gas/air for the procedure, have lots of ice cold rootbeer, Coke or Dr. Pepper on hand. Drink it straight from the bottle or can and drink it fast. You will burp a lot and relieve the gases and reduce a lot of pain. I would rock and hold my shoulders wondering why I was hurting so much up there when obviously my problems were below. After trying several types of pain pills a sweet nurse told me it was just where they had to fill me with air to maneuver around my organs. She recommended the cold drinks and in no time I felt tons better. I will keep you in my prayers. Your post was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you! I had mine in Feb of this year and everything went very well. All recovered now and feeling better than ever. :) May you feel the peace and presence of God and rest in His care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I would love to say goodbye to my uterus. Mine is like your and causing me more trouble than anything the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this read...you have quite a way with words!
    Hope you are now doing well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.