Monday, September 10, 2012

A Musing ~ Notes ~ 9/10/12



Each week Miz B at Should Be Reading asks a bookish question to muse over.

This week's musing courtesy of http://abookandashortlatte.wordpress.com:

"Do you take notes while you read?"

No, I don't take notes.  Especially because I read mostly fiction and I like to maintain my flow of reading to enjoy the story.

I have very few books on my "keeper shelf".  These are mostly self-help/inspirational books.  I have them underlined and highlighted like crazy so I can go back and see what struck me and helped me the first time I read it.

Sometimes, I'll write a quote or saying on a sticky note and put it on my wall where I can see it often.

That is pretty much the extent of my note-taking.


Musing along,

3 comments:

  1. Exactly. I feel taking notes distracts me from the reading.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/musing-mondays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can not write in a book...sometimes I use post-it notes to mark something or note an idea or something I want to use in a review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Kindle. I highlight things and then finish note taking later. I never take them in books!

    Here is my Musing Monday

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.