Friday, September 28, 2012

What's New With You? ~ 9/28/12

 
Won't you come meet Alissa (above), me and the girls for a coffee date,
or in my case, hot chocolate with whipped cream or maybe a chai tea?
 
This is what I'd tell you about my week, dear friends:
 
...It has been 3.5 weeks since my hysterectomy and I'm feeling the best I have yet!  I actually walked to the Post Office and store the other day, which totally wiped me out for the rest of the day, but it did feel good to get out by myself.  I've slowly been adding in my normal daily activities.  I never thought I'd be excited to fold clothes, do dishes and cook supper!  lol  Only a few more days, and I'm on the road again.  First order of business will be a mani/pedi :)
 
...I got the bill from the hospital for the above-mentioned surgery.  Apparently the total was a bit over $13,000!  We were "only" billed $1,100.  Thank God for Health Insurance and HSA's!
 
...We went Monday to the Orthodontist for the consultation about getting Kaylee braces.  He went over what they would be doing and gave us the price:  $3,300!  Our insurance will pay half and the rest is on payment plan.  She better be taking care of those toothers. I tell ya!  We go Monday to have them put on.  Pray for us.  Honestly.  She is a bit of a drama queen.  I can only imagine the whining that is going to take place.
 
...I have been super excited about the new shows starting.  I even devoted my "Its OK" post to them yesterday.  "Elementary" should be on my DVR as we "speak".  So excited!  I'm a TV geek so I will share the Fall TV schedule I found online so that you don't miss any of the awesome new shows that have previewed:  Fall 2012
 
...Have you ever heard of "Fried Apple Pie"?  I hadn't but I saw them mentioned on a blog this week and had to look them up.  They are like a turnover.  I found a recipe, by Paula Dean no less.  Fried Apple Pies!
 
...Speaking of apples, my mom and I usually go to one of the local orchards every fall and get a bushel of apples to make into applesauce, apple butter, and of course pies and dumplings.  Lately we've been getting Fugi's. Gotta get on that soon.  What is your favorite kind of apple?
 
...I'm so excited about all the books I've received for review lately.  I have lots of reading to do, so be on the lookout for some reviews and giveaways ;)
 
...I'm all caught up on my etsy orders for the moment.  So feel free to click on over to my shop and give me something to keep my hands occupied!  We added some great new items this week.  Santa Baby outfits, Angels and Scarecrows!  I still have a Cabbage Patch set to list, hopefully sometime today.
 
...We took the girls to Eat-n-Park Sunday.  Don't you just love their Smiley Cookies?  I think the adults should get one with their meal too.  Don't you?  Isn't that age discrimination?
 
...My BFF (since Kindergarten) called the other evening to check on me.  We debated the merits of Smiley Cookies and apples.
 
...Right now, Jasmine (our york-a-pom) is acting like a little mommy and giving Lilah (our black lab) a bath and kissing all over her face.  They are so silly and crack-me up sometimes, at least when they aren't driving me crazy!  Like, who chewed up the half-full bottle of water all over the couch last night?  Hmm?  Look!  I called it half-full instead of half-emtply.  Does that mean I'm an optimist?!?
 
...The hubby just got home from working night-shift.  I think I might crawl back in bed and snuggle with him for a bit to get warmed up.  It is starting to get really chilly here in the mornings and evenings.  That is Fall in PA for you!
 
...Tonight is Family Movie Night in our house.  Any recommendations?  I need one to watch with the kids and one for after they go to bed.
 
So, how was your week?  What's new with you?
 
  
 

11 comments:

  1. Good morning, I had a hysterectomy many years ago and this is a surg that does leave you feeling mightly weak for awhile, take it slow and read a lot while you can. It will all be there when you are more able to do it.
    Hope you heal quickly-know it is hard for you with a young family that needs attention.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're healing up well & have some good reads on your hands. Fried apple pies sound mighty tasty this season! Have a great week! Visiting from Rags to Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon, now! Sounds like an eventful week for you. I agree- Mani/Pedi should be the first order of business for sure. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, if you email me through the link on my blog I'd LOVE to send you some chocolate! :) My husband worked 3rd shift for years and is now on a swing...he's on 2nd shift right now and will probably stay there...I always hated having to get up to go to work when he was just going to bed! Hope you have a restful weekend!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are feeling better after such a major surgery.

    I have "Elementary" on my DVR too! I hope it's good :) I love checking out new shows!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad your surgery went well and your healing fast. I had a c-section with both kids, so I know it requires a lot of downtime.

    i need to check out that show Elementary! love finding new shows.

    Happy Friday. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to here you are able to just do life again. It is so tough being confined to a bed or couch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you to get better! I love all the new shows coming on and coming back...and apples! I just made apple butter! Yumm. I'll have to try the fried recipe too.

    Hope the ortho goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting- I'm glad to come by and see your cheery "kitchen". I'm glad to hear you're doing so well after surgery. Having blogs to read/write must help that recovery period a bit easier. I'll look forward to dropping by again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check out that apple recipe..yum. Thank goodness for insurance is right..we put three in braces..eep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet words!!!

    So glad you are healing well from your surgery. Fried apple pie sounds yummy and slightly dangerous ;) I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.