Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chats on the Porch ~ 9/26/12




This week's questions:
1. Please tell me a fond autumn memory. Or tell me something interesting you're doing now that fall is here.

Fall brings back memories of playing Volleyball in school, collecting leaves for Biology, crunching leaves while going for walks and of course, I got married in September so I always think of our "courting" days and the excitement of the wedding and honeymoon :)


2. What's your favorite kind of cheese?

I guess I would have to pick mozzarella as my favorite.  Can't go without my cheese sticks and extra cheese on pizza.  yummm....  :)


3. Have you ever been in a wedding, other than your own (if applicable)?

Yes, I have.  I was a bridesmaid for three of my best childhood friends, Jessica in 1998, Holly in 2003 and Erica in 2005.  Erica's anniversary was just this past Monday and Jessica's will be on October 8th.  These days 2 out of 3 ain't bad.


4. Did you ever do anything as a child to earn money? (Lemon aid stand, crafts, mother's helper, chores, etc.)

I had two jobs growing up.

As soon as I was old enough, I started babysitting my various cousins.

Also during the summer, I would work in my Mom, Aunts and Grandmother's craft shop.  I was running a factory size sewing machine from the time I was 12 year old.  When I was a bit older, I would sew in the evening after school.  I did this all the way through college and it was how I got my gas and spending money for school.


5. Do you wear a watch?

I do, but only when I leave the house.  I can't stand the feel of it when I'm typing or crocheting.  So, I put it on when I'm leaving the house and take it off as soon as I get back.  FYI, I have to wear the nylon kind of watches.  Anything else breaks me out.  My watch is black with a fun purple face :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, go check out Wendell's (a horse) answers.  They are hilarious!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your early job sounds pretty cool for a young person. I would have thought I'd died and gone to Heaven to work in a craft shop back then. Who needs a watch with cell phones anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.