Friday, August 3, 2012

TGIF ~ FF ~ BBH ~ 8/3/12


This post is where I combine 3 different Friday bookish blog hops and the questions posed by each.  I just couldn't leave any out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

Yes.  I find that my moods influence just about every area of my life!

If I'm feeling stressed, I usually go for light, fun, romantic reads.  I have to be in a good mood to be able to read anything that is even the slightest bit stressful or about a tough topic.

Then there are times when nothing on my pile will strike me.  That is when I'll find a good movie to watch to maybe go buy a new book that I've had my eye on.  This will usually get me out of my funk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop


Q.  When a book goes “viral” (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight), do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it’s not in your typical genre?


The answer is:  No.  Unless...it looks like something I would really like to read.  Such as, The Hunger Games.  I had seen the movie previews and thought it looked really interesting.  I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie so I bought it even though it isn't in my typical genre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Q.  Book Olympics: In the spirit of the Olympics, which books would you give the gold, silver, and bronze medals to? It can be from any genre, new or old.

This is a REALLY hard one!  I essentially have to pick my top 3 favorite books!  I'll have to think a minute.  OK...   Gold:  
Before Ever After
    Silver:  
To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgerton, Bk 5)
    Bronze:  
Fancy Pants (Only in Gooding!, Bk 1)
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Friday!



6 comments:

  1. Many people feel like they must balance the stress in a book with relatively no stress in their lives...just human nature, I guess.

    P.S: I'm a new follower! Don't be afraid to fearlessly visit my "Frivolously Follow Me this Friday!" post. Many thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read the book before the movie also.

    I am a mood reader for everything, genre specifically.

    Hype from my faithful blogging friends I will be swayed by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mood definitely make me read certain books. I am a new follower - check me out at www.pattisreadingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hop question was an easy one for me to answer as well!

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    I like your Olympic medal selections there, have to check those out

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello stopping by from the parajunkee hop! New follower via GFC.
    Please follow back at http://nettesbookshelf.blogspot.com

    I don't read to fix my moods, I just read what I like.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of your medal choices. Gah! So many books to read, so little time.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.