This week's questions:
1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?
This is a bit scary. The government is trying to stick their fingers in a little too much and I think this would infringe on basic freedoms.
I agree there is a problem but I don't think this is the answer. What would be next? Banning snack foods?
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
It would be a toss up between music and art. I'm a picky eater so a wide selecetion of various foods wouldn't be for me. Now, maybe a dessert festival...
3. What are you irrational about?
I don't know if this would be considered "irrational" but my answer would be my children. Their safety, health, well-being. Is that just being a mom?
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
I think so. Our house should be paid off, we have investments and, hey, isn't that what our kids are for? To take care of us in our old age?
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
The Women's Soccer team scoring a winning goal in the last 30 seconds of play! Amazing! And off the head too!
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
Without a doubt, hands down, my youngest daughter's bedroom. You go in there, you might not come out!
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
My initial reaction is usually with my heart but then I take a few moments to use my head. I would say I combine them and then make a decision.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Only 20 days until school starts. Kaylee will be giong into 7th grade and Laken will be starting Kindergarten. 20 days!
I do sing. I sing in our Church's Ladies Choral group. I also sing along with the radio. Mostly Country and Contemporary Christian.
2. Do you watch soap operas (daytime TV), or have you ever?
No, I don't. I usually don't watch any TV until the evening. I used to watch Days of Our Lives all the time. I even set up the DVR to record it. After a while it just started getting too far-fetched even for a soap opera.
3. Do you wear glasses or contacts?
I got my first pair of glasses in 6th grade, I think, but never would wear them. When I got to 7th grade and started playing volleyball, not being able to see well became a problem. I talked my parents into letting me get contacts and I've been wearing them ever since. Wow, that make it about 22 years!
4. What's your favorite easy meal when the weather is hot?
Order a pizza! If I HAVE to cook, probably mac-n-cheese and hot dogs :)
5. Tell me something about the past week.
We've been deep cleaning and painting. So far my kitchen, dining room, laundry and craft/computer/book rooms look completely different. I went out of my comfort zone with colors and instead picked colors that I just love instead of trying to stay neutral.
Have a great day!