Friday, August 24, 2012

FF ~ BBH ~ F5~ 8/24/12


HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you’ve read and loved?

Perfecting Kate (Southern Discomfort, Bk 2)
I just didn't like this cover.  I think it is the lime green and pepto pink.  And the color of her face.  What is up with that.
BUT, I loved the book!  It was a great read!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop


Q.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?

   
I have a few thing about blogging that I love and are my favorites.

1.  Being able to look back and see what I've read and what was going on in my life.  I love history and looking back on my blog is like looking back on MY history.

2.  The community.  Being able to "talk" to other about the same things I'm interested in.  I don't really have anyone in my life that gushes over books the way I do :)

3.  Comments!  I get so excited when I see that someone has commented on a post.  It shows me that people are actually reading my blog and also gives me a chance to interact even more.

I could probably go on and on, but I'll stop there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Q.  What are your top 5 books of all time?

This is always a hard question!  And most times my list will change each time I think about it.  Here goes:

1.  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2.  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

3.  The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

4.  The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

5.  Emma by Jane Austen


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great day!


13 comments:

  1. It's a mismatch of colors and I don't like the font too much. I would like to read it though, judging by the summary. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I actually like the colors of this book. It reminds me of Andy Warhol's artwork.
    I agree with your reasons for blogging, especially number 3. I love hearing my phone *ting* when I have an email indicating that someone commented.

    Here's my Friday Hops.

    Btw, I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... yeah... I don't like it. LOL What's up with those color anyways. xD
    I'm a new follower via GFC (I'm under ele05gs), please follow back if you can.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read that book but I totally agree with you on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy blogging for some of the same reasons you mentioned, and I love comments as well. :)

    Great answer....I love the creativity on blogs in the posts and in the design. Stop by to read my entire post if you like.

    Happy Friday!!


    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...yeah, not a fan of that cover! New GFC Follower!
    My FF
    ~Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining the Friday Five! I love all five of your favorites but especially The Little Princess...I don't even know how many times I've read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining the Friday Five! I love all five of your favorites but especially The Little Princess...I don't even know how many times I've read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like looking back on my old posts also-it helps you keep in your mind what you have read-very good answer-the longer you blog the more you will appreciate this-imagine how great it would be if one day someone could look back on their 50 year old book blog and see what they read decades ago and how they reacted to it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick on the worst cover and I love your top five fav list, although i would need to add To Kill A Mocking Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree on all three points. That's why I blog, too :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick on the worst cover and I love your top five fav list, although i would need to add To Kill A Mocking Bird.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.