Monday, August 6, 2012

A Musing ~ Blog Appeal ~ 8/6/12

Each week Miz B at Should Be Reading asks a bookish question to muse over.

This week's musing question courtesy of http://readbookswritepoetry.blogspot.in/ :

"What attracts you to a book blog? What puts you off in a book blog? Do you share personal stuff on your book blog?"

What attracts me to a blog?  I love clean, clear blogs that are easy to read and pleasing to the eye with book covers that I strike my eye enough for me to want to check it out.  I also like to read more than just reviews.  I like blogs to be fun with a variety of bookish posts as well as some personality so that I can get to know the blogger.

What puts me off?  Dark, dark colors and too much commotion.  I don't like having to search through a bunch of clutter just to find the post.  I realize that people love to promote books and authors on their page but I don't like when it is disorganized and all over the place.

Do I share personal stuff:  Yes, I do.  My blog is about my life and that consists of more than just books.  I do this through a few linkup/meme's that are designed to learn more about the person writing the blog.  So if a blog reader doesn't like that sort of thing, they can just skip over that post.

Wonderful question!  I enjoyed answering it :)

Musing along,

5 comments:

  1. I agree on the cover, lack of clutter, no dark color, variety of posts besides reviews..but I try to lay off the personal stuff, at least in anything specific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate word verification, that will turn me off to visiting the blog again. I do some up close and personal, but not often. Depends the mood I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it better than I would have but those are the same things I like and dislike in a blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.