Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Book Review ~ Hope Harbor by Irene Hannon

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
23411615
 
Blurb:
 
Tracy Campbell never wanted to leave Hope Harbor, Oregon, or the idyllic three-generation cranberry farm where she grew up. But life–and love–altered her plans.

When tragedy strikes and changes her plans yet again, she finds herself back in her hometown with a floundering farm to run and a heartbreaking secret. Romance is not on her agenda. Nor is it on Michael Hunter’s. The visitor from Chicago has daunting secrets of his own. But when Tracy recruits him to help save a struggling charitable organization, the winds of change begin to sweep through Hope Harbor, bringing healing, hope, and love to countless lives–including their own.
  

My Thoughts:
 
I am so excited to be able to write a book review!
 
This is only my 7th in 2018!  I've just not spent the time reading like I used to but now that I can finally sit out on my swing on the deck, I've had the desire to pick up a book.
 
This book wasn't a thrill ride but rather was sweet and compelling.
 
It starts out rather slow and took me a while to really get rolling but that could have been my time constraints.  After a while, things got interesting and kept me intrigued.
 
I was especially anxious to read if Anna and her long-lost son would reunite and if Floyd would find a new girlfriend :)
 
This is the second time at love for both of the main characters who are a widow and widower.  They were both reluctant to let there emotions get involved.  I loved the way the author slowly opened up their hearts to love again.
 
This is the first book in the "Hope Harbor" series.  There are a total of 4 books in this series so I seriously need to get my hands on the other 3 books!
 
 

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.