Thursday, November 2, 2017

Book Review ~ No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer ~ 11/2/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
27066694
 
Blurb:
 
Men are optional. That's the credo Emma Chandler's suffragette aunts preached and why she started a successful women's colony in Harper's Station, Texas. But when an unknown assailant tries repeatedly to drive them out, Emma admits they might need a man after all. A man who can fight--and she knows just the one.

Malachi Shaw finally earned the respect he craved by becoming an explosives expert for the railroad. Yet when Emma's plea arrives, he bolts to Harper's Station to repay the girl who once saved his life. Only she's not a girl any longer. She's a woman with a mind of her own and a smile that makes a man imagine a future he doesn't deserve.

As the danger intensifies, old feelings grow and deepen, but Emma and Mal will need more than love to survive.

My Thoughts:
 
It took me a while to read this book.  Not because I didn't like it but because life kept getting in the way! 
 
I really liked how the story starts out with Mal and Emma as children and the bond that they formed at a young age.  I thought it was so sweet that they wrote to each other all those years and became like family.
 
The romance was tender, sweet and yearning and I loved it all!  Mal was so committed to making sure Emma and "the aunts" stayed safe that he was willing to risk his own life.
 
The plot of a colony for women was interesting but I'm glad at how the book ended. 
 
This is the first book in the Harper Station series and I look forward to reading more about the women I got to know in this book.
 


For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home, The Monday Review, Homemaking Party,  Favorite Things





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.