Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Saving Grace" by Denise Hunter

The New Heights Series Book 2

Saving Grace (The New Heights Series)

Book Description:

As if the jolt of becoming a single mom to her two sons wasn't enough, Natalie Coombs is facing new stresses as the director of the crisis pregnancy center.

A teenager who comes in for testing brings back memories of another pregnant girl whose life tragically ended in suicide. Desperate to reach out to this client, Natalie crosses professional boundaries and incurs the wrath of a mysterious assailant.

Even within her family, all is not well as her relationship with her sister becomes increasingly tense. Natalie is compelled to carefully count the cost of following her heart and her convictions amid betrayal, physical danger, and strained family relationships.

Filled with human drama, readers will be easily drawn in as national issues become highly personal in this gripping tale of conflict and commitment.

My Thoughts:

This was the second book I read while on vacation.  It wasn't your typical vacation-light-reading topic matter.

As I sat on the pier, I was drawn into this story.  Abortion is such a serious topic.  I felt myself pleading in my heart for the young mother to listen to Natalie and what she knew was right.

My heart broke so many times throughout this book.  It was a roller coaster of emotions.  There were times when I soared along with the characters.

The huge twist in the storyline, (that I won't give away but I did have it figured out) is unbelieveable.  How much are we willing to forgive?  How much am I willing to forgive?  I don't know if it would be as much as portrayed in this book.

This was a very thought provoking book.  Like I said, not the average vacation read, but I am so glad I had it with me that week and was able to really give the topic the attention it deserves.

It lingered with me and I even found myself telling a few friends at church about it.

Amazing book!  You must read this series.  Book 3, "Finding Faith", will featured next Tuesday.


Please see my left sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read, thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    Thanks for sharing your list of parties you link up to, I've found quite a few blogs that I've really enjoyed!

    I just wanted to tell you that a few links over on the left didn't work for me...
    Made by You Monday
    Delectable Tuesday
    {Titus 2}SDays
    Show Me What Ya Got
    What's Cooking Wednesday
    What's on the Menu Wednesday
    A Little Bit of LACE
    It's a Keeper
    Full Plate Thursday
    Sweet Tooth Friday
    Fibers on Friday
    Check Me Out Saturday
    Sweets for a Saturday

    Every other one works!

    Have a great day!

    Peach ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great read. I love a book that pulls me in and which I can't put down....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book that will tug at your heart and make you think as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very good book. Thanks for the review.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.