Monday, December 6, 2010

Strawberry Fluff

I don't know what this is technically called but we've been making it in my family for years.  My mom usually makes orange and puts mandarin oranges in it and on the top as a garnish.

I'm calling it Strawberry Fluff or Strawberry Mousse.  I made it for our Church dinner yesterday.  It is so easy and there are so many variations that can be made.


Strawberry Fluff

2 packages strawberry jello
2 cups hot water
2 cups cold water
1 container Cool Whip

Mix the jello as per the directions on the box.

Refrigerate and allow to set up completely.

Take the mixer to it and mix it all up.  (if you get that thick layer on the bottom you want to remove that).

Add the Cool Whip and mix it thoroughly.

Put all the mixture in a large bowl (fancy if you're taking it somewhere) and refrigerate to let it set up completely again.

Here is a serving in a cute little bowl.


As I said you can make so many variations with the basic jello and whip cream base.  First, you can use any kind of jello.  Depending on the kind of jello you can then add cherries, oranges, marshmallows, etc.  You can mix it throughout or put it on top for garnish.

Let me know if you try this or if you know the actual name of this fluffy creation.









Linking to:

13 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Vicky Pyle from church makes something called fluff but it's a pkg of sugar free jello, cottage cheese, fruit and cool whip. No water. It's good too.

    I love it with orange jello and mandarin oranges, or raspberry jello and fresh raspberries! Mmm...Mmm...good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a strawberry fluff but I also add in strawberries often frozen but if they are in season use real as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made the cottage cheese version - but not this one. What's not to love with jello and Cool Whip?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a grandson who would really love this. Thanks for the recipe. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. We make this all the time. We sometimes add chopped walnuts it. It is a very easy and delicious dessert

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother always called it Strawberry Fluff as well. She made it to go with her angel food cake. Soooo good

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entire container of cool whip?
    What size?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The entire container of cool whip?
    What size?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The entire container of cool whip?
    What size?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.